What better way to celebrate National Brush day than the day after Halloween! We hope to reinforce the importance of
Quick Tips to Improving Your Dental Routine
- Have a toothbrush and toothpaste in your purse or car to always have it in sight. Never forget to brush your teeth.
- Always brush your teeth after you eat.
- No one likes to floss but there are different kinds of flossing now that can help. Waterpiks are the best! You don’t have to get into every part of your teeth just press the button and the water pressure will help you get anything between your teeth.
- Maintain your regular dental hygiene appointments. Overdue for your cleaning? Call us and we would be happy to take care of you.
What you eat does matter for a healthy smile.
We always like to remind our customers even if you have great brushing and flossing habits, your diet also does have an impact on your oral health. Here are some more tips on foods and drink that you may consume every day or every once in awhile.
- Ice is for chilling your beverage, not for chewing.
- Citric fruits and juices can erode your enamel, water them down or just go for water instead!
- Not all coffee is good for you. Yes we know, “but coffee saves me every day!” Just make sure to drink plenty of water and brush your teeth after your last cup of coffee or tea to avoid staining and enamel erosion.
- Avoid Sticky Foods. These are some of the worst foods for your teeth because they stay on your teeth longer.
- Skip the soda, grab the water.
- Watch out for sports drinks – between the sugar and the acidity, these drinks can harm your teeth and cause cavities.
Make sure to give your teeth some extra love today to celebrate National Brush Day!
Join our Newsletter!
Enter your email below to join the Sala Family Newsletter! We will provide you with the latest information so you can stay up-to-date with the latest dental news and events.